Dear Spectrum Families and Friends,
It was so great to see so many families and students come out for our first “Early Childhood” playdate. Thank you for coming.
We sent a prior eBlast with future gathering dates in July and early August, and plan to add a few more in August as well. It was sent on July 6 with the subject line: Spectrum SAVE THE DATES! Come Hang with Us!!! (Of course, if that went to spam, this one will, too. Ahh, technology.)
In the meantime, I wanted to update you on our 2021-22 School Organization and clarify what Spectrum means by “levels”. We plan to return to mixing and mingling across cohorts and levels, especially as we bring back Interest Groups this year!
Early Childhood Department – see detailed description on this information sheet.
- Preschool Teachers – LaShonta Gilbreath, Shelley Forss
- Assistants: Kristin Bileto, Heather Kulpa, Isabel Maas
- Early Elementary Teacher – Jacque Lind
- Supports: Sue Puetz, Claire Rotolo
- Sally Wonder – younger cohort
- Kelli Greenfield – older cohort
- Part-time assistant – Aly Vavra
- Kathy Hopkins and Lindsay Passwaters-Cordero
- Supports: Mary Beth Cunat, Carole Carbone, others TBD
- Music and Band – Sue Puetz
- Japanese – Keiko Hall
- Spanish – MEG (hybrid program with a teacher in Colombia and Mary Beth)
- Art Support- Melissa Prete, looking for others through additional grant funding
- Compass: Megan Granados (coordinator), Ann Thornton (AM) Krystal Scroggins (AM and support), plus a team of weekly staff members (TBD)
- Principal- Mary Beth Cunat
- Director of Finance and Operations: Marci Hallgren
- Office Manager: Gloria Gustafson
- Outreach: Aly Vavra
- Communications/Media: Rickey Barnett
This eBlast includes links to welcome letters and supply lists from your child(ren)’s teacher. Aly Vavra, our Outreach Coordinator, is also preparing an infographic on our communications tools and strategies to help you know when, from whom, and in what form to expect communications from Spectrum.
Please plan to attend our PTO Organizational Meeting from 6:00-7:30pm on July 20 at Spectrum. Childcare will be provided. An email was sent on June 29 called Spectrum 2021-22 Parent Outreach. We NEED parents to step up and get involved. RSVP for childcare to firstname.lastname@example.org, and also please just let me know if you are coming, if you want to be a room parent, or anything to do with PTO.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or Marci with any questions.
Dr. Mary Beth Cunat
(Please like and share our Facebook posts!)