While you’re here, read some of our Intermediate Elementary students’ honest and independent thoughts on school at Spectrum, especially during COVID-19, in this recent assignment from a cohort of IE students.
What to Expect
A balanced approach to literacy, including book clubs, journaling, reports and research, fiction and non-fiction reading, grammar, phonics, and literary round table discussions
Spelling and syntax experienced through word-study
In-depth math study through the Investigations Math program
Social studies and science explored through in-depth, interdisciplinary projects
A strong emphasis on social development
Instrumental Band offered beginning at age 9
Intermediate Elementary Supply List 2023-2024
Greetings! I am looking forward to working with your children in the coming year. Our school theme is RECONNECT, and I am planning several units to reconnect with books, nature, each other, history, and science. Please look for emails from me related to some of the summer reading projects I hope IE students will take on during August in preparation for the school year.
Note: We will be using up shared supplies we have at school – crayons, markers, glue sticks, scissors. If you want to purchase these items new for your child, that is fine.
Please label all these items with permanent markers:
● Refillable water bottle, to be left at school
● Raincoat (We are outdoors as often as possible)
● Rain boots and snow boots
● Backpack of any kind
● Lunch box
● 11” Fabric Storage Cube Bin – Room Essentials from Target in your choice of
color/pattern. We will be using cube storage for individual supplies, projects, and
● Pencil case or pencil box to store pencils, pens, supplies
● Mixed Media Sketch Pad 9′ X 12″ (Michaels offers this one)
● 4 Wide Ruled One Subject Notebooks, labeled with name and as follows:
Reading Journal, Writing, Math, and Interdisciplinary
● 1 package of #2 Pencils and sharpener
All Intermediate students will have access to Spectrum-owned Chromebooks and be expected to work on the Spectrum student network, which has a firewall and filtering system.