Song for a Whale!
Song for a Whale has been a perfect read aloud during our Marine Mission investigation. Ask your child about Iris and her curiosity with Blue 55!
Genius Hour projects!
- Leona shared her research about endangered species. Each animal was created from Lego bricks!
- Sal gave us a tour of some fascinating Smithsonian Museums!
- Parker shared his passion for tanks and how they have evolved through history!
- Declan inspired us with his understanding of symbiotic animal partnerships!
- DaLyla became an expert in Dragonology!
- Lorien’s hard work on the story of Sadako and the 1,000 paper cranes!
- EJ presented the class with a history lesson on the hard work behind making Thanksgiving a national holiday. We all agreed that Sarah Hale was a remarkable woman!
- Livia taught us what she learned about Tinker Swiss Cottage!
Creat-ova-tors used kinesthetic movements to represent the three types of triangles and 4 types of quadrilaterals. Check to see if they remember! We also discussed and defended arguments about whether a square can be a rhombus, a rectangle, or a parallelogram and vice versa.
Recess in the snow!
Each student started planning, brainstorming and drafting the title, plot summary, and general information for their first book review during Writers’ Workshop!
As always, feel free to email us with any questions, concerns, or even requests for this newsletter!
If you haven’t already… click the link below and join the Classroom’s Facebook Group to get updates even quicker!